Publishing Your Family History
Our staff understands the special requirements genealogists have. As award-winning family history publishers, Creative Continuum specialize in helping you organize your genealogy and family history, developing your data into a publication-ready format to publish an heirloom family history book of your family’s genealogy and family history. Whether you have spent a lifetime accumulating your genealogy and family history information or you are just beginning to explore your family history, Creative Continuum is your source for professional assistance which you will need to insure that your family history is professionally published.
Our staff of family history publishers will assist you with organizing and publishing your genealogy and family history. A family history book creates a prized heirloom that shares with your future generations the family stories and traditions you experienced in your youth.
To assist you in professionally developing and publishing your family history, our family history publishers provide the following publication features:
- Publishing your family history is more than just binding photocopied pages! Just as each person is an individual, so is each publishing project... and we treat your publishing project as such!
- We start with your original documents, finished manuscript and photos.
- We can assist with editing, interviewing and transcripting if needed.
- First, we review your goals for your book, manuscript and photographs and decide on a visual theme for the layout.
- We can proof your document for grammatical content. Your text can be “final” or we can finesse your “rough” draft.
- We scan and digitally clean your photos and documents for placement in the book. All images we scan receive basic color correction.
- A complete proof is delivered for your final approval.
- We print your book on acid-free, archival paper.
- We oversew the pages together to provide a book that will last as long as the paper it’s printed on.
- Your book is bound in buckram or imitation leather. We create custom stamping dies to stamp the title and author on the front cover and spine. We now offer beautifully printed and gloss-laminated covers that bring added life to your book.
- Most of our books are manufactured by hand in America and we take great pride in our custom craftsmanship.
Actual publication costs vary considerably according to the number of pages, amount of color, number of books and book size of a your family history. Please contact us for more information and a personal consultation about developing and publishing your genealogy, family history or other book.
The Adventures of James: A Trip to the Oncologist is a 42-page, 5.5"x4.75" book with paperback binding published in 2006.